So I have to admit here that I am not a football fan. I can't really say exactly why. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up in a household that watched or even followed American football. Though I would occasionally see my dad watch it but I guess he had his own private following. To me it has always just looked like a slow and boring game with a lot of stops and starts and with my short attention span that doesnt make for enjoyable TV for me. I like to watch Hockey. It's fast paced and exciting. Football on the other hand had always seemed the complete opposite.
The superbowl is usually the exception but not by much. It's the one time each year that I'm actually tuned in. At least for the halftime show and the commercials! But last night, as bored as I may have looked sitting there on the sofa at the Superbowl party I was at in Long Island I was actually starting to gain some kind of interest in the last quarter of the game. There's something to be said when you're surrounded by people who are all rooting for the same team, who happen to be the underdogs (I always have a special place in my heart for the underdog) and you can just see the desperation in the faces of the people I was surrounded by. I actually started to lose interest in the brownies and rice krispies treats that I was standing right next too and actually, looked at the game like I knew what was going on! Ok, so I didn't really know what was going on, but I can tell when something really amazing and good just happened. I think I actually became a football fan for about 10 minutes at the end of the game. Who would've thought? I was really happy that the Giants won and I seemed to actually cared.
You have to feel bad for the Pats though. That's also how I was feeling last night when I learned at the end of the game that they hadn't lost a single game all season. It was actually depressing watching Belchinchick (whatever it is..?) look like he was going to cry when he was interviewed.
Anyway, go Giants! :)
P.S. Those brownies and rice krispies treats were back in my mouth soon afterwards and today I have vowed to eliminate sugar from my diet 6 days a week starting today. But there is that one day a week for anything... I'm human of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was at a Superbowl party too but spent most of the time talking. I ate way to much delicious Superbowl food - pizza, wings, even cake! :) It was a really good time, especially seeing everyone so happy when the Giants won. Justin and I walked home (about 2 miles) and he kept screaming "Go Pats!" into the chilly darkness at passersby. It was funny and silly! ;)
Post a Comment