Monday, June 25, 2007
Back to simple times
I've officially decided to keep these posts short. Had a nice weekend with the fam. We stayed at my dad's farm/mandarin orchard up north in the mountains. It was about a 3 hour drive north. There isn't too much to say other than it was nice to leave the city and just relax in the tropical forests in Thailand. There is plentiful amount of fruit at my dads, not only does he have manadarin trees but he grows dragonfruit, bananas and mangos. We also went to the border of Myanmar, but it was unbearably hot that day and i was wearing jeans (bad mistake) and I thought I could not take the heat anymore. The highlight of my weekend was something just really simple. It's one of those moments that you never want to end. Late on Saturday night on the farm we I laid on the hammock holding my two little sisters Ali and Lis outside on the patio while we listened and watched my dad play his guitar. He played Puff the Magic Dragon for us and a bunch of Simon and Garfunkel songs and just sat there playing and singing. It was really neat, probably will be the highlight of my trip since I have experience rarely these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aww that is so awesome that you had that great moment with your dad and sisters. The farm sounds wonderful. I love love love mangos. What is dragonfruit?
That sounds really nice. I can totally picture that in my head.
As for Dragonfruit, the only thing you need to know is that its GOOOOOODDDDDD. I miss the fruit in Thailand, but I miss my Olivia MORE :) hehe
aww good answer Mark :)
Post a Comment