Yikes, I've been so busy I didn't even realize how long it's been since I posted anything. The keyword for the past several months seems to be "busy", as I feel like I am always busy with something. Most of it has been centered around the home. What should have taken probably only a month to do seems to be taking 3 times as long. All of the major things at home are done. The structural work is finished and I've got painting and staining some furniture as leftover work. We're still looking for a small dining table. Several months of perusing Craigslist hasn't paid off yet - since I'm possibly the pickiest person I've ever known - always needing to find perfection in everything - including the perfect table. I imagine that all the final touches will kind of just happen over the next several months as I happen upon things - like new bed linens, rugs, wall decorations, etc. For now I am happy that we finally have a real bed. My back and neck are thanking me that I am no longer sleeping on that uncomfortable and hard futon.
I couldn't believe it snowed today! The first day of snow in New York City and it's only December 2nd. That's pretty early. Usually it doesn't happen until after Christmas. Maybe, just maybe we'll have a white Christmas! Let's keep our fingers crossed.
I can't remember the last time I was so excited and happy at 9:30am on a Sunday morning. I sleepily came out of the bedroom to take that first morning pee and to my surprise the backyard was blanketed in white. That certainly woke me up out of my daze! I went back to bed, laid there on my back for 2 minutes and realized I couldn't lay in bed anymore - I wanted to get dressed and bundled, grab the leash and go outside with Winston! We had a great time - we were out for an hour running around in the snow and he had 20-30 minutes of running around with all the other big dogs at the McGolrick dog run.
Winter is here and can't wait to go boarding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment