I feel like I need a vacation even though I just came back from one 3 weeks ago. I can already fortell this is going to be a depressing post. It doesn't help when it's been raining all day but the good thing is that for some reason when it rains I run into Winston's friend Patrick, the chocolate lab, when we go out on our walks after work. Robin was walking Patrick this time and it was nice to hang out with a girl. We got totally wet running around in the calf deep puddles in the park with the dogs and throwing the ball and having our dogs race after the ball. Maybe I should suggest that Robin and I hang out some time. Seems kind of weird to ask it out of the blue. She does have a boyfriend though so I guess I would have to make it a couples thing.
I need more girlfriends. The last time I really had a group of girls to hang out with was in high school. In college I was too busy with my boyfriend at the time and kind of missed out on keeping lasting friendships. Now that I'm getting older and not in school anymore it's so hard to find new friends, especially those that you can become good friends with and just call up and say, "Hey want to go shopping? Or want to grab coffee? Or just even, want to come over?". I feel like I'll never meet anyone new that I'll get the chance to call a good friend. Everyone seems so busy with their lives, their boyfriends and families etc. I guess that's part of growing up. Sucks to think that probably all of the people I'll meet the rest of my life probably end up remaining acquantinces(sp?).
I joined this Girl's Only meetup group hoping to meet some girls and just have some girl time away from Mark but it is turning out to be a flop. There's only been 1 meetup so far in the 2 months I've been a member and the meetup involved paying something like $30 just to try some martinis. The 2nd girl's meetup group turns out to be a shamble because somehow all the meetups involve other meetup groups which don't really make it exclusively girls. It's also annoying how all the meetups involve something like 50 people or so in it. Maybe the best way for me to meet other girls isn't through a "girls" meetup but through meetups of my interest. Maybe I should rejoin the backpackers meet up. You think there are some outdoorsy/active girls there I could meet? Or maybe a wine meetup? I guess it wouldnt hurt to try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Why not start your OWN girl Meetup so you can set the events, pick the girls who get to join and meet people who are more like you....
I could prob get you a good deal on it too ;)
I second Mark's idea. I know, it's so hard to make good friends. I think we are in the same boat.
Post a Comment